At Miers Court Primary School, we believe in promoting a lifelong love of learning for everyone. We believe that creating inspirational experiences will foster independence and build self-belief allowing learners to constantly grow. This will provide our children with the foundations to make a valuable contribution to their community and prepare them for their future in the wider world.
Our vision is a commitment to create an inclusive, safe and stimulating environment where we work and learn together. We help one another to overcome challenges with confidence and resilience, having respect for ourselves and each other. We celebrate hard work and effort and our successes are shared because we know that together we can achieve more.
Working together to build a community of successful learners
Core Values: Inclusivity, dignity, respect & ambition
Learning and growth are at the heart of The Howard Academy Trust ethos. We strongly advocate that all members of our community have the opportunity to become the very best that they can be. We recognise and value the unique talents and expertise within our community and aim to create a culture of dignity, inclusivity, respect and ambition, where all can thrive.
This is achieved through:
- Excellent teaching and learning that celebrates diversity whilst promoting inclusivity;
- Regular opportunities for collaborative high quality CPD to ensure best practice across academies;
- A proactive network for joint working across academies, for staff at various career stages;
- The highest standards of behaviour and conduct achieved through clear expectations and positive relationships;
- The unique character of each academy is valued and contributes to the THAT whole Trust ethos;
- Shared whole trust values of dignity, respect and ambition.
- High aspirations for all involved with the Trust;
- Each academy is a hub for its local community and families;
- Facing outwards and working in collaboration with other organisations and stakeholders;
- A centralised team that allows academy leaders to focus on their core purpose of education.
Promoting Fundamental British Values
The Howard Academy Trust are committed to Fundamental British Values
The Trust actively promotes British Values in our schools. We aim to ensure our young people are prepared for life in modern Britain. Pupils are encouraged to regard people of all cultures, faiths and races with respect and tolerance. They will be taught to understand that, whilst people may sometimes hold conflicting views about what is 'right' and what is 'wrong', all those who live in our country are subject to its laws.
The key values are:
- Rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect
- Tolerance of those in our society of different faiths and beliefs